Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Some Good Customer Service

I received an email saying that there is a low priority message waiting for me with my online banking site. I checked it out and it said that a specific person wanted to talk to me from my bank. I called her and she said that there were some strange charges being posted via my debit card from Ancestry.com. She had been trying to get ahold of me, but the phone numbers on my account were like 5 years old and very incorrect. She had canceled the card and is ordering another one for me. It does bother me that she canceled the card without my permission. I could have been in Europe or another part of the US and needed the card. If my phone numbers were correct this would have be prevented. They are looking out or me and I am thankful for that.

So, next I called Ancestry.com. I told them my story and they assumed it was a Fraud issue. She contacted the appropriate department and then let me know it was taken care of. They were great!

Someone got ahold of my debit card number and that bothers me quite a bit. I am very careful with all of my personal information online. I am a web professional and I like to think that I am more aware of the dangers and how to prevent ID theft. fortunately the people that were running my debit card through did not have any of my personal information and submitted garbled text for the name and so on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home