Friday, December 28, 2007

The One That Got Away

My heart swells with the happiness and joy of having known you
Longing now fills the void in my heart where you stood for a ten-day
You are 5000 miles away and I feel very inch
Wanting you to want to be with me is the bitter-sweet thought that rocks me to sleep
I know you feel that it cannot work; you feel that we do not have a chance
There is much I would give to have a chance at loving you
In our short time together I have felt a lifetime if closeness to you
Knowing I have to let go of you tears me up and fills me with a great sorrow The sorrow of not knowing what could have happened; of letting go of the world of happiness
and Joy that I see in you

Sometimes I ask myself Why I came up to you on that bright day summer day; to let your bright smile and
laugh into my heart. To invite the sorrow I feel now for having to let you go

Knowing you gives me the hope that there might be another out there; another that is strong, forthright,
beautiful, and as wonderful as you. This hope keeps me from feeling the despair of thinking that you might
be the one that got away; the perfect one that got away.

James O'Neill, March 11, 2003

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home